Cait’s first attempt at Coquito. A work in progress, we may need to tweak the recipe in the future (more alcohol, etc.).
- 1 1/2 cups dark spiced rum
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of coconut
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 4 oz evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Soak cinnamon overnight in dark rum in a pitcher or jar large enough to hold your entire batch of Coquito. (We used a 64oz beer growler)
After your cinnamon sticks have soaked overnight, combine all other ingredients in blender. Pulse until blended thoroughly. Add to rum mixture and stir or shake until fully combined. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Shake before serving. Stores for up to 30 days in the fridge.